~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

Fall...are you coming????

Monday, August 30, 2010

I must admit I am SO a fall and cool weather girl. Don't get me wrong.....I love the beach, the water, waves, sun, the smell of coconut suntan lotion and feeling sand under my feet. Kyle was born in the summer, Chris & were married in the summer, but my heart belongs to Fall. I love my jeans and long sleeve shirts, scarfs and boots. I hate snow but I like it just cool enough for a sweater.

I get all giddy inside with the first hint of a brisk morning. The beginning signs of the changing color of the leaves. I love the smell of my Autumn Wreath scented Yankee candle burning in the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon. I love Harvest and Fall festivals, Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love baking homemade apple and pecan pies for Chris and pulling out all my orange, red and brown fall decor. I love seeing my front steps adorned with pumpkins Kyle has grown in his garden and how happy my Scarecrow looks to be out of the attic.

However, it is going to be a horrible 96 degrees here in North Carolina tomorrow with a major Cat 3 hurricane brewing in the Atlantic....so I guess I better push my Fall thoughts on the back burner for a few more weeks!

Hang tight Mr. Scarecrow I'll see ya in a few more weeks {pinkie promise!}

9 comments:

Jennifer Haas said...

I just found your blog, its too cute! I am a new follower!!!

I agree I love the fall as well. Here in Houston it's 98 degrees and our air went out today. Thankfully to one great husband and Daddy they got it working again!

Hope that those storms steer clear from you guys, we here in Texas know about Hurricanes ohh to well!

Jenna said...

Yuck a Cat 3? Are you guys gonna get hit?! I'm so ready for fall too..now that you mentioned your yankee candle I think I may dig mine out of the closet and smell pumpkin spice all the rest of the day!!

Resh Rene` said...

OHHH no I'm hanging on tight to those fallish dreams! I did all my windows and yard work today in prep to put out the oranges,reds,and browns on SEPT 1st! And girl I've already got my Autumn Wreath and Be Thankful burning!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am not sure we can talk anymore. Let this summer loving woman think on it...
Fine, we can.

Cathy said...

I like fall too. We were just at the beach here in Florida yesterday and the surf was a little rougher than normal because of the hurricane! Hope all stays safe and well where you are.

jules said...

I'm not ready to let summer go yet. We get so little of it here in Wisconsin. I absolutely love fall too, just not the season that comes right after it...the "w" word.

Kaci said...

I'm not ready yet. HA! I'm a beach girl at heart too and the snow just doesn't play nice with me. HA!

Thanks for stopping by ImPossible!

carlar said...

I am so with you. Fall is my favorite as well as spring. I hate the HOT weather. I can take the 70-80 degrees but that is it. It gets so humid here in MO that the temp always feels hotter. At least with winter, you can bundle up! I am ready to get out our fall things also!

Angie said...

oh I love the smell of coconut!!! I prefer brisk enough for a sweater but not to cold for shorts! ;)

Post a Comment

Say what?!?