~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

"Big Mama" and the Bubba Tree

Thursday, December 2, 2010

well, it's over and done...THANK YOU JESUS!

Our annual tree raising(yes, raising...you don't call it "putting up a tree" when the tree in question is 12 ft!) is complete.....whew.....

Here is Chris in action. It takes all three of us plus 2 huge ladders and 3 hours of prayer and patience to finish......

....but.....

when she is all done she is just beautiful......see!(sorry the picture is kinda leaning...oops...I was so tired!)
This year Kyle didn't want to make her "too junkie" according to his words and forced me to stop adding more ornaments...geez...like when did he become all Martha Stewart on me!

This was our 5th year using this tree and I think we are finally getting the hang of it and doing it faster each year. Even Chris said he thought it was easier than he remembered.

Now, on to the "Bubba Tree" a.k.a Kyle's personal tree that he puts up in his room every year...and decorates himself**shutter**. You never know exactly what he will put on his tree as "ornaments"
Take a look and you'll see what I mean....

Empty shot gun shells he saved from hunting, John Deere Tractors and fishing lures make his tree complete. Told ya he is one redneck boy!

...I think we have decided once Christmas is over we are just gonna throw a huge sheet over Big Mama and leave her there til next Christmas...ya think anyone would notice?????

8 comments:

Mary said...

12 feet??? wow! It looks so pretty! It's like that spot you picked was made for that tree.

I also love Kyle's tree! My mother-in-law told me those themed trees were really popular. Putting them in kids rooms. I may have to do that for Hailey! Hmm I think hers will be covered with monkeys :)

PS. I'm sorry you almost spit out your drink while reading my BF post! lol!

Bridget said...

Love the trees!! You do have the perfect place for Big Mama and she looks great! Kyle's tree so made me laugh because my Kyle would decorate it with the same stuff...

Tara said...

Since you can tackle a 12 footer, I'm gonna to offer my tree up for your services next year. I HATE putting it up because it takes me 2-2.5 hours just to fluff the branches and get them in place and then another hour to add the lights and ornaments. BTW, I pretty much put it up alone.

Every year we say we are going to get a new, fancy pre-lit tree but haven't yet. Gotta hit those after Christmas sales this year, I guess.

Suburban Princess said...

WOW!!! Looks amazing! I know people who just wrap up their trees...sounds like a great idea!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Okay, Asher stared at Kyle's tree for the LONGEST time, and finally said, "I wish I had a John Deere tree" so now? We are tying up his toy tractors to put on his own tree!!!

jules said...

Now that is a HUGE tree!

I won't show my son Kyle's tree, he would love it but I don't think his wife would be up for that style of deco.....

Anonymous said...

It is soo big and pretty! I Love it. And kyle's tree cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

wow, now that is a tree!!!! It is so beautiful though and I totally wouldn't judge you if you just threw a sheet over it!

haha never thought of shot gun shells as ornaments! Creative!

Post a Comment

Say what?!?