~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

Happy Anniversary to US!!!!!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009


Today is our 14 year anniversary....WOW!!!! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago when I pulled up at that stoplight in Myrtle Beach and began to talk to the cute guy in the truck next to me.
That's right, we met while we were both on vacation in Myrtle Beach. He was in the Army and stationed in Georgia and I was still living at home in Kentucky. We spent that entire weekend together at the beach then he had to leave. But only after he promised to come back the next weekend again.....I was thinking "Yeah, whatever!" So I spent the rest of my vacation week enjoying the beach. On Friday he did come back and found me driving up and down the strand.....crazy huh! And we spent that entire weekend together.
We met on August 1, 1994 and were engaged on December 24, 1994. I know it was a short time but the long distance was driving us nuts! Even when I think about it.....it was CRAZY....we were engaged and had only seen each other once a month since August.....for those of you counting that is only 5 times!!!!!! But there was no second guesses or any fear. The minute he proposed I knew the answer.....YES!
I spent the next 8 months planning the wedding while he went back to Georgia. Still only seeing each other once each month.
Once we were married I moved down to Georgia into an apartment Chris had found and our life together began. It has not been an easy road. Being the wife of a military soldier and now a State Trooper......but being married to me is not an easy task either :O)
He is truely the love of my life and the person God made just for me. Some people don't believe in love at first sight, they believe you first have to be friends and then it grows into love....I disagree.....I loved him from the minute I saw him. Without knowing his flaws, his bad habits, his back ground, his career choice or quirks. I loved him, just him, plan and simple.
And now after 14 years I know him as well as I know myself. I know what makes him smile, I know his achievments, his faults, his fear of snakes, when he is quite I know what he is thinking without a word being said, and his love and devotion for God and his family.
I thank God every day for the wonderful gift he has given me. Some people go through life and never find that special person but I am blessed to have found mine by the grace of God and one red light!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a awesome story! My college roommate got engaged after spending 11 days with her husband! Three years later they are still doing great and just had a baby! He lived in Vegas and her in Kentucky. He was in KY as a missionary for two years, but she had no idea that he liked her since he could suppose to only focus on God during his mission. As soon as he got back he wrote her a letter and she went down there for our Christmas break and came back a week later engaged!!

E @ Scottsville said...

How weird! Jason and I will be celebrating our 14th year in about two weeks. =0)

Happy Anniversary to you both! Great pic of y'all, too.

Anonymous said...

It's does a Mom's heart good to hear that her daughter still loves her hubby after 14-years and doesn't mind one bit to tell the world - - instead of what you often read of put-downs. I'm so proud of you both!! (I kinda love him, too). You both have worked hard to make your lives together be something solid and something special. Keep up the good work!

Oh, by the way, also... and, thanks to one step-dad who said "Aw, come on Mom, let her go", Mom said, "No way my daughter is driving to MB for a week, I'll go crazy worrying", Step-Dad - "I say she goes"..., and.. off she went!! Well, alrighty then! I'm glad now :).

Post a Comment

Say what?!?