~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

~Oh Sooooo Me~

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

As some of you may or may not know...I was born and raised in the wonderful bluegrass state of Kentucky. I grew up riding horses, watching UK basket ball and the Kentucky Derby. So when I came across this poem on another Kentucky girls blog I could not resist posting it.

For those of you who do know me can agree....THIS IS SOOOOOO ME!!!!!!

Tough girls come from New York.
Sweet girls, they're from Georgia.
But us Kentucky girls, we have fire and ice in our blood.
We can ride horses, be a debutante, throw left hooks, and drink with the boys, all the while making sweet tea, darlin'.
And if we have an opinion, you know you're gonna hear it.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah thats the quote from Ashley Judd! She was a UK girl!

Post a Comment

Say what?!?