~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

BF Tip #3

Friday, November 12, 2010

...so are you gals enjoying my Black Friday tips and taking notes????

Now that you made your spreadsheet and have budget..... and have bought your Thanksgiving Day Black Friday newspaper.....

Here is tip #3.....

Scan & Plan!!!!

Yep, grab a cup of coffe and settle in to scan your local ads and plan your day. Planning is very important on BF.

I know, I know...those cute jeans in the Khol's ad for $11.99 are just to die for but lets look at the entire picture here....okay?


The jeans in Khol's will be on sales til at least noon...right?....right! And most likely they are not going to sell out. You really need to plan your day with what type of items are on your list.


First off, if you have any type of electronics, video games, games systems, movies, TV's or hot toys on your list, head to that store first! The clothes, shoes and houseware items will be on sale longer and are not as "in demand" and you can still find them later on in the day.


***hint*** 24 hour Walmart stores will let you in before the 5am sale starts and will have a map of the store showing you where each major sale item can be found in the store....most of the time you can find the movies on sale for $3-$5 bucks in the middle of an isle and not all the way in the back of the store in electronics. Hot toy items are the same way, they will be spread throughout the store and not necessarily in the Toy section of the store*****

...stay tuned for tip #4.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Great **hint** because I never knew that about having displays outside of the department.

Drew's Mom said...

I've already started checking the ads on-line. I LOVE Black Friday and try to plan in advance as much as I can. Thanks again for all your tips!

Bridget said...

Girrrrl, you may just turn me into a BF shopper yet...these are great hints!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Good tips! My mom, sis and I are already planning our morning!

scrapwordsmom said...

These tips are truly helpful. And just so you know you are my Blog of the Week!!!!!

Post a Comment

Say what?!?