~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

BF Tip #4

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Are you getting tired of my Black Friday tips yet?

I have had a few comments that they are "cracking people up"....

I always try and shop smart and shop for sales...except for the designer skinny jean purchase I made a few weeks back, so sue me! I never bought trendy designer clothes for Kyle when he was young, trust me when I say you are wasting your money. They are gonna puke or crap on it and only wear it twice before they grow out of it!

........NOW that I have that out of my system.....let me try and save you ladies a bunch of money(and we all love to save money....well, most of us anyway!)

We have bought our newspaper.....

We have made a budget....

We have scanned & planned.......

Now for tip #4

Who are you going to shop with? (a.k.a.....your shopping buddy)

I know what some of you are thinking...Trish has really flipped now!!!!

eh? What the heck kinda difference does that make?

ALOT!!!!

Shop with someone on BF that has the same shopping "Style" as you. And by shopping style I don't mean spending the same amount of money. I am talking about speed! Black Friday shopping is not about taking a leisurely stroll through Target's dollar section just to see what you can find! Most people that are out on Black Friday are serious shoppers and on a mission...***you can, might & will get run over*****

My BF shopping buddy and I have been doing this together for years now. We have the same shopping style and make a great team. We look out for each other and we know what the other one is shopping for and will grab it and put in in our carts until we meet back up together at the registers.

YOU DON"T HAVE TIME TO LOOK DOWN EVERY ISLE ON BLACK FRIDAY!!!!

did you hear me?????

If you think you are gonna have time to go down every isle in every store then you just need to stay home in bed. The good sales only last til around 9am and if you want items at several different stores you gotta move fast! Two years ago I was in and out of Walmart in 15 minutes....pretty sure I broke a store record that year and my picture is hanging in the BF hall of fame somewhere. I grabbed the 3 Playstation games I wanted for Kyle and the movies for $3 bucks each and was out the door and on to Sears!

That brings me to point #2. If you do go with someone else on BF, don't be afraid to split up. My BF buddy Marsha and I always split up so we get everything we need on our list. I will head to electronics to get the item I want for Kyle plus grab the two Nintendo DS she is looking for. While she is in the toy isle grabbing the toy cash register...mean while I have sent my mother-in- law to grab the stand-up mixer and shop vac for me (see gals, that puts us back to the ole' scan & plan) you have to know what item you are going in each store for.

And ladies, this rule even applies to husbands. If they don't shop like you....leave em' at home in bed!!!! (personally, I leave Chris at home....he hates crowds!)....and kids!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave your kids home in bed. DON'T torture them and everyone else by dragging the poor things out that early in the morning still in their cute footed pj's!!!!

stay tuned for Tip #5!

5 comments:

Drew's Mom said...

Im coming to join your BF shopping group! You guys shop the same way my mom, sis and I do. It's all about dividing and conquering! So far I haven't seen much in the ads that I really want this year, which disappoints me since I look forward to BF so much.

Tara said...

You know I've never BF shopped before but I think people should leave cranky kids and husbands at home anytime they have to shop (unless it can't be helped). Luckily mine isn't cranky but if he gets that way, we leave. I don't want to torture him and everybody else.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love love love this! YOu BF queen you!

jules said...

This is so true. My sister and I split up every time. We can cover so much more this way.

Yes.........Puhleeeeaaase no babies and small children. Do they get anything out of being dragged out that early in the morning? Nope, don't think so.

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like Michael is wanting to venture out of BF this year. I am sharing all your tips with him too!

Post a Comment

Say what?!?