~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

Why I need a "Teen" Sitter!!!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Some of you with small children have not reached the point in life where your kids are old enough to be left alone and you still have to find a sitter or after school care, but let me tell ya...it is wonderful....or so I thought!

Kyle had an "early out" school day yesterday, which means that school lets out at 12:30 for some stupid reason I have yet to figure out.

Anyhow, back to my story. When I get home I failed to notice(BAD MOM) that Kyle had the back tire off his 4 wheeler! I know, I know...how in the world does a mom miss seeing something like that, well let me just cover myself by saying that I park my truck in the first bay of the garage and the 4 wheeler was in the 3rd bay hiding between the boat and Chris's truck...so there!

I must say that after the initial shock wore off I was very impressed! Now keep in mind Kyle is 13 years old is about 5'4 and weighs 93 lbs soaking wet. So I was a tad perplexed as to how this child was strong enough to lift the 4 wheeler high enough to place it on a cinder block and a 4X4 block of wood....not to mention loosen and remove the bolts(which I was later told were technically called LUGNUTS...whatever!) and then remove the back tire all by his self, shoot I get worn out just thinking about it!

Without thinking, the first words out of my mouth were "does your dad know about this?"

and after that the conversation when like this....

Kyle" no"

Me "well why did you take the tire off?"

Kyle "my barring was stripped"

Me "your who, was what?"

Kyle" the barring, ya know in the shaft (takes his hand and wiggles this metal thing at me) this right hear...see?????"

me "oh, I guess"

Kyle " so I had to take the tire off so I could check it out and see if it was just stripped or broke"

Me "well how in the world did you get the 4 wheeler jacked up on the cinder block and get the tire off all by yourself?"

*****Note to self: this is not a good question to ask a child with ADD & ADHD*******

**I think I should have changed clothes, made popcorn and settled in with a warm blanket first**

***also keep in mind that this is no small 4 wheeler but a HUGE Honda 350****

Kyle " well I had to back it in, then got the cinder block in the right position, then I had to use the lift jack and ........................

after that, everything I heard seemed to be spoken in pig Latin cause I didn't understand a word that came out of that child's mouth!

I swear if I would have had the camera to take a picture of it you guys would not believe your eyes!!!!!! This boy had the 4 wheeler(and not the smaller version of one) just perfect,all lined up and centered on the block, tool kit out, lug nuts removed, tire off, and rigged up extension cords with lights...the whole nine yards!

When you leave Kyle unattended you never know what is going to happen. Don't get me wrong, he is a good kid, he just loves to work on things and get muddy. I guess he is just being a boy.

I don't know about you guys, but I now terrified of him getting a truck in 2 years!!!!! I can just picture coming home one day to a huge 4X4 truck all taken apart and up on block in my yard....good Lord, what will the neighbors think!

5 comments:

Meagan said...

haha!! Sounds just like my husband when he was little. He took EVERYTHING apart. So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

That's my boy!!! Beheld, I luv it, like his Papaw 'Tosh. Mechanical genes! ;)

Anonymous said...

That's my boy, luv it. He's mechanical like his Papaw 'Tosh'.

Kristi said...

Wow thats really smart of him to do that! If we ever have any boys I would love for them to be hands on like that! Even though I will be a nervous wreck too!

Bridget said...

Talented and resourceful he is!!

Post a Comment

Say what?!?