~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

I'm still alive...I think???

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

...or at least I can still feel the aches so I guess if I feel pain I must be alive! It started when I woke up sunday morning with a sore throat, aches and a fever. I took it like a "big girl" and ran as fast as I could to my doctor Monday morning. After waiting for what seemed like forever to see the doctor I thought I heard the words flu come out of his mouth....

"you have the flu"

"say huh?"

"Yes,the flu"

"but I got a flu shot!"

"you have type B flu, the shots cover only type A"

"well thats nice to know...NOW!"
(nice to know they come with their own letters too)

so now I am home all drugged up with Tamiflu, a Z-Pack, cough syrup with codiene and tylenol for the aches & fever. The Dr. has taken me out of work until Friday. He said that I need to stay out of the public for 5 days from when the fever began. And to honest, I thought I would feel alot better today but I don't...my head is now all stopped up and it takes all the energy I have just to breath!

Now that I have Kyle on the bus and headed off to school I I headed back to bed......

nighty nite

8 comments:

Kristi said...

OH NO! I hope you start to feel better soon!

Tamela said...

Start feeling better soon.

That stinks that the shot only covers one type. I have never gotten a flu shot.

Jenna said...

Bless your heart! I know how you feel!! Get better soon! The tamaflu drink really made me feel better when I had the flu, something about that hot warm feel going down my throat...so soothing!

Bridget said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

Cathy said...

Oh Trish, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. Take it easy and I hope you feel better soon!

Becky said...

Poor thing!

That Tamiflu will save you though:)

Feel better!!!!

Becky said...

YOU CHANGED YOUR CRAZY ME PIC!

NA-UH!

Change it baaccckkk!!!

(I don't do well with change:(

Becky said...

YAY! Thanks for changing it back:)

I love that picture!

Post a Comment

Say what?!?