~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

Crunch-N-Munch

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What in the world is crunch-n-munch you ask???
Well, let me go ahead and tell you that it is not that tasty little popcorn snack you think it is.....nope.....that is what we call Kyle when he starts to go on another one of his eating spree's.
Let me just give you the low down on what this 13 year old boy ate AFTER supper last night.

keep in mind we ate supper at 7:30 last night and he ate roast beef(about 1/2 a cow), a ton of rice and gravy, corn and an entire cucumber with ranch dressing.

Before Chris and I went to bed I baked chocolate chip cookies. Well. since Kyle was starving and just could not wait for them to get done he ate 2 Popsicles..... Then ate 8 cookies and 2 glasses of milk.

Then Chris and I headed off to bed around 10. When I got up this morning I found Kyles eating trail that was left behind.

Chips & Salsa(dirty bowl found in sink, no leftover chips to be found)
Ritz cracker empty package(found on coffee table next to 2 empty slice cheese wrappers)
evidence of 2 Reece's wrappers and 2 chocolate chip granola bar wrappers found on the top of the trash can.

And I didn't go in his room this morning, so I am sure there maybe more that I didn't stumble across in there.

But you know what the worse part of all this is? I bet that big stinker didn't even gain 1 pound after eating all that junk!!! I just ate 5 of the cookies and I feel like I gained 10 pounds and everything jiggles when I walk!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised he hasn't eaten you out of house and home yet!! I wish I could still eat that much!

scrapwordsmom said...

Kyle sounds like my kids. They can pack in the FOOD!! The other day my little, skinny minny Emmie ate TWO ginormous hamburgers and TWO ears of corn!!! Plus a BIG bowl of ice cream!! Heck, if I ate that much I'd look and feel like the Good Year blimp!!-LOL

Jenna said...

this kind of makes me wish i was a teenage boy...

Suburban Princess said...

Gawd I hate teenage boys! LOL!
I think my son is going to be tall and lanky too - my MIL has already warned me the grocery bill will skyrocket in about 10 years lol!

Mary said...

Haha that made me laugh! I can't believe how much a boy can eat! What is your grocery bill like?? Probably the same as a family with 5 small children. lol

Kyle's mom was a single mom raising three boys. I can't imagine the food they went through.

I saw a quote somewhere that said something like, God has a special place in Heaven for moms who raise boys. Ha!

Bossy Betty said...

Amazing, isn't it? I have two of these eating machines.

Becky said...

Crazy, isn't it! My four kids are eating me out of house and home...and making me fat!

Tara said...

Holy crap that boy can put away some food!! I would gain weight just looking at the cookies *sigh*

Miss Jody said...

yip! sounds like a growing teenager from here!
it's amazing the amount they can comsume-and your right...not even gain an ounce. Sick huh?
Gahhhh!! I was reading this post thinking after the frozen little treats it would stop! But it just kept going on!
It'll catch up to him.
one day...........

Bridget said...

My Kyle can eat like a plowhorse sometimes, and I'm like, "Dude, where are you putting all of it?!" He's not quite 13 yet, so I fear it will get even worse...

Kristi said...

Holy cow!!! I cant imagine eating that much!! I would be a blimp if I ate that much!!

Kirsty Girl said...

I need chips and salsa now right now! Salivating here! I can't condone eating a cow though... Dear me

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I can't imagine how bad it will be when Elijah gets older. He can put SO much away already, that it will be like you are seeing! BOYS! Gotta love them!

Post a Comment

Say what?!?