~Being the Mother of a boy, last from son up...to son down~

Girlfriend update....

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sorry for the delay folks but yesterday was a busy one, and rainy and cold....anyway, enough of that and back to main reason for this post.

Kyle said the dance went good. He said they slow danced 3 times. I didn't ask about the kissing....I would rather not know to be honest with you!

Once we get home Friday night he ask if he can go to the Wayne County fair with his girlfriend and her family to see her brother in the derby.....{{silence falls}}

With quick thinking I say "I don't know, let me talk to Dad when he gets in"

So a few hours later Chris strolls in from work and as he is walking thru the livingroom I pop the question to listen for the answer I am just postive he will say.....

"Kyle got invited to the fair with Morgan and her family to see her brother in the derby."

Chris answers, "oh, okay"

......silence......crickets chirp in the back ground........

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!! I thought we are suppose to be on the same sheet of music on this parenting thing....did you miss the memo on this buddy!!!!!!

As these thoughts race through my head I hear Kyle scream "YES!" as he grabs his cell phone to sent out the ever excited acceptance text.....and this is the response she sents Kyle back....

TELL YOUR MOM I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, don't try to butter me up little lady....this is my one and only child, my heart beat, my baby boy, my Bubba......

You only been "boyfriend/girl friend" for a month. Were not mailing out wedding invitations yet!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me wonder what my parents were thinking when I asked them things. Heck even what my bf mother's were thinking!!

Cathy said...

So funny! It gets even better, just wait! ;-)

E @ Scottsville said...

Ha ha ha, it's hard, isn't it?

Cameron has had a 'girlfriend' before, but it was always young and simple and not real 'real'. HOWEVER, since this new school year began, he has a new girl calling him MULTIPLE times a day... and sometimes he rushes right for the phone when he walks in the door.

Luckily for me, he still ACTS like he thinks she's annoying and gross, but I know better. Right now, he's too embarrassed to admit she's more than just an annoying friend, but he sure likes calling that annoying friend and was more than thrilled when Dad said "Hey, invite her to the fair with us."

Uggggh. WHY CAN'T THEY STAY LITTLE?????

Post a Comment

Say what?!?